Speak to DC or JC for details of the current range of MCSBC kit, sizes and an order form.
Here is a recommended list of kit for a day's racing in the Winter
- A hat, preferably “woolly” which covers the ears (this may not be fashionable but it is very effective).
- A waterproof and windproof coat
- A pair of waterproof and windproof trousers (not for rowing, but very useful for the many hours spent not rowing)
- Gloves (pogies are a very good “rowing glove”, as normal gloves don’t allow you to row properly, more info here: http://www.oarsport.co.uk/accessories/pogies)
- Thermal (dry wick) top. Very effective, buy either in the club colours or plain black to coordinate with crew members.
- One piece lycra racing suit
- 2 pairs of tracksuit trousers (including a dry pair for after the race). Jeans get heavy and cold quickly and do not help retain heat. Jeans cannot be worn in a boat.
- Fleece tops/hoodies and similar garments (the more the better!)
- Full changes of underwear and socks
- 2 pairs of appropriate shoes (often including wellies)
- Handwarmers (a luxury and only needed for when you get cold (it is much better to stay warm), they are available from many outdoor clothing places and make a nice Christmas present!)
- Sunglasses! (especially for coxes, very cold weather can also give clear skies and strong sunlight reflection off the water)
Coxes can NEVER have enough spare kit! (it's pretty difficult for athletes as well...)