We are excited to say we still have our online shop with Kitcrew this year, where you can purchase our club kit throughout the year. We felt ordering throughout the year would allow members greater access and opportunity in experiencing the kit. The All in One is the only item which you cannot purhcase from kitcrew, as we buy them in a bulk order when new year 9 members join the club.
Here is a recommended list of kit for a day's racing in the Winter
- A hat, preferably “woolly” which covers the ears (this may not be fashionable but it is very effective).
- A waterproof and windproof coat
- A pair of waterproof and windproof trousers (not for rowing, but very useful for the many hours spent not rowing)
- Gloves (pogies are a very good “rowing glove”, as normal gloves don’t allow you to row properly, more info here: http://www.oarsport.co.uk/accessories/pogies)
- Thermal (dry wick) top. Very effective, buy either in the club colours or plain black to coordinate with crew members.
- One piece lycra racing suit
- 2 pairs of tracksuit trousers (including a dry pair for after the race). Jeans get heavy and cold quickly and do not help retain heat. Jeans cannot be worn in a boat.
- Fleece tops/hoodies and similar garments (the more the better!)
- Full changes of underwear and socks
- 2 pairs of appropriate shoes (often including wellies)
- Handwarmers (a luxury and only needed for when you get cold (it is much better to stay warm), they are available from many outdoor clothing places and make a nice Christmas present!)
- Sunglasses! (especially for coxes, very cold weather can also give clear skies and strong sunlight reflection off the water)
Coxes can NEVER have enough spare kit! (it's pretty difficult for athletes as well...)